
I was recently sent a complimentary copy of the book "Then Sings My Soul: Special Edition" by Robert J. Morgan from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of the Booksneeze book review program. The opinions listed below are my honest opinion of the book.
In "Then Sings My Soul," Robert J. Morgan has compiled many favorite Christmas, Easter, and other famous hymns and the stories about how the writers of these wonderful songs came to write them. The book is beautifully done and each page has the actual song on one side and then the story of the writer's life and how they came to write the song. It is a wonderful inside look at many favorite songs sung in churches and around the world today. I found it inspiring to read the stories behind the songs I have sung for years. It makes the songs mean so much more when you hear the background of how the words and music came about. The words really come alive to you after hearing how these songs of praise to our Lord were written. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who loves music and wishes to know more about the hymns we sing. It is a wonderful teaching tool you could use in Sunday School or other areas as well. I will keep this book for years to come to share with others the meanings of all the wonderful songs we sing around the holidays and all year long.
No comments:
Post a Comment