
I received "The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances" by Andy Andrews free from the Booksneeze book review program. The opinions listed below are mine and are honest reviews of the book.
Andy Andrews is a New York Times bestselling author and this book is a reprint of the book "Island of Saints." This book also has a Reader's guide in the back for further discussion of the book which is great especially if you belong to a book club. "The Heart Mender" is a wonderful story of forgiveness and faith. It starts with the author finding a container while digging up a myrtle tree at his home. Inside he finds many fascinating artifacts from WWII. He goes on to mix fact with fiction to tell a wonderful story of an American woman, Helen and a German soldier, Josef who seem like the most unlikely pair you would ever put together. Through this story you learn what true forgiveness is all about. God's forgiveness and love for us is unconditional and this story shows how two people forgave as God forgives.
I have never been into reading history stories or books, but when I read the plot of this book I just had to read it. I was so glad I did. This story taught me things about WWII I never knew and also entwined a wonderful love story of forgiveness into all the facts. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read. Booksneeze and Thomas Nelson Publishers have provided me with another copy of "The Heart Mender" to give away to one of my readers. Just leave a comment below and tell me one of your favorite books with your email address. The giveaway will close on Monday, June 21st at 2pm Central Time. Thanks and good luck.
2 comments:
Sounds like an incredible book. I love a good book! My favorite for right now is "The Shack" - Evangelia
eburgess77@gmail.com
Definitely sounds like a great book! My all-time favorites would be Karen Kingsbury's Baxter Family Series. marsha0727@gmail.com
Post a Comment