I recently received a complimentary copy of the book "Money Secrets of the Amish: Finding True Abundance in Simplicity, Sharing, and Saving" by Lorilee Craker from Thomas Nelson Publishing as part of the Booksneeze book review program. The opinions listed below are my honest opinion of the book.Today's economic recession has effected everyone in some way or another. Lorilee Craker had some income issues as well and noticed that the Amish people were still thriving and surviving in this recession. She did research and found great pointers and ideas from this recession-proof people that we can all learn from. In this book, she talks about how we need to "use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without; rethink your gift giving; repurpose, recycle, and reuse; and eat like royalty for a peasant's pittance." I really enjoyed this book and I think we can all learn some great financial principles from the Amish people. My favorite chapter was "Operation De-spoil the Kids." I feel like my kids are so blessed and they don't even know it. They always seem to say, "I want this toy." I enjoyed the pointers to help raise thankful and content children in today's "give me what I want" society. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in ways to save money and be more resourceful with what you have.
No comments:
Post a Comment