Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Book Review: "Don't Check Your Brains at the Door" by Josh McDowell and Bob Hostetler



I recently received a complimentary copy of the book "Don't Check Your Brains at the Door" by Josh McDowell and Bob Hostetler from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of the Booksneeze book review program. The opinions listed below are my honest opinion of the book.


In this wonderful book from Josh McDowell and Bob Hostetler, they write about how you can know what you believe about your faith and also to know why it is true. It is written mainly for teens in today's society; however, I enjoyed this book in reminding myself why I believe certain things. The authors take an approach of exposing certain myths that teens may believe or hear about their faith. They back up how the myths are not true with Scriptures from God's Word. They use humor as well to relate to today's teens which is wonderful. I also love that at the end of the chapters it causes you to dig deeper by looking up Scriptures to look farther into the lesson they have taught. I mainly requested this book to review because we are the teen leaders at our church and I thought it would be a good resource to have. I am also going to keep it for when my children are older and have questions about their faith or when their peers may challenge their faith.

No comments: