Friday, August 26, 2011

Book Review: "Courting Miss Amsel" by Kim Vogel Sawyer



I recently received a complimentary copy of the book "Courting Miss Amsel" by Kim Vogel Sawyer from Bethany House Publishers as part of their book review team. The opinions listed below are my honest opinion.

"Courting Miss Amsel" is the story of a courageous young teacher who comes to teach at Walnut Hill. Edythe Amsel is a very independent woman and very headstrong in her beliefs. She shakes the little town of Walnut Hill with what they think are her crazy and uncommon teaching methods. Joel Townsend is raising his nephews since their parents' death and he is quite excited to hear that the new teacher is a woman. He feels the boys need a woman's influence in their life. Throughout time he begins to fall for this beautiful, young teacher; however, when she takes her students to hear a lady speak on the women's suffrage amendment, he wonders if he can trust her with his heart. This is a wonderful story on trust, standing up for what you believe in, and courage. I have read Kim Vogel Sawyer's books in the past and I love them all. This one is no exception and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great story to read.

No comments: