I recently received the book "Courageous: Honor Begins at Home" by Randy Alcorn from Tyndale Publishers as part of their book review program. The opinions below are my honest opinion of the book.This book is a novelization based on the movie and screenplay by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick. I was so excited to get this book to review as I am also excited to go see the movie. "Courageous" tells the story of four law enforcement officers who fight hard to protect their community. They are all four fathers and they quickly realize that they are doing a good job and not a great job as fathers. They give their best as law enforcers but are struggling to give their best to fatherhood. They soon discover that they are missing the mark that God wants them to live up to. As their children are drifting farther from them, tragedy strikes them all and leaves the men questioning everything. They come together through this hard time and make a Resolution to be the Fathers that God wants them to be. This is a great challenging story to call Fathers to stand up and be courageous in leading their families in God's Will. I would highly recommend this book and again, I can't wait to see the movie!!
No comments:
Post a Comment