Monday, April 9, 2012

Book Review: "Anything" by Jennie Allen

I was recently sent a complimentary copy of the book "Anything" by Jennie Allen from Thomas Nelson Publishing. This is the same author that wrote the Bible study I reviewed not long ago, "Stuck." Jennie is a Bible teacher who has a heart for God's Word and a heart for women. In this new book, "Anything," Jennie and her husband pray a very courageous prayer. Tired of the same old day in and day out life where things are safe and comfortable, they decide to pray together one night and this one prayer changes everything. It was a simple prayer of "God we will do ANYTHING." God loves those who fully surrender their hearts and lives to Him. We should be living as if God is our everything and give ourselves fully to Him every day. This prayer of surrender they prayed changed them personally, their families, and their church in ways they never thought possible. They went from living safe and happy lives, to living surrendered and courageous lives for God. If we would give our lives to God fully in surrender without reserve, God can then accomplish all His plans for our lives!! I really enjoyed the chance to read this book and review it. I would recommend it to all women looking to live a life fully surrendered to God.

No comments: