Thursday, February 28, 2013

Book Review "If you have a Craving, I have a Cure" by Sheri Rose Shepherd

I recently received a complimentary copy of the book "If you have a Craving, I have a Cure" by Sheri Rose Shepherd from Tyndale House Publishers as part of their book review program.  The opinions listed below are my honest opinion of the book. 

In this wonderful book by Sheri Rose Shepherd, she gives many wonderful spiritual applications for our lives when we are having a specific craving in our lives.  She gives ways of turning to God instead of always turning to food to help one live a healthier lifestyle.  Coming from a past where Sheri lost 50 lbs and has kept it off, she has much insight in staying healthy and growing spiritually at the same time.  Each chapter looks at a different specific craving we may have in our lives and then gives a spiritual application for satisfying that craving and also follows each with yummy, healthy recipes.  For example, chapter 5 is titled "Craving Something Sweet: Real Sweet Recipes and Some Sweet Jesus Time."  I really enjoyed this book and it gave me wonderful ideas for not only growing in my faith, but also growing into a healthy lifestyle with my food choices.  Some of the recipes seemed a bit daunting and time consuming for a mom with 3 young children such as myself but most of them looked wonderful.  I love the verse she uses from Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good.  Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him!"  I would recommend this book to anyone struggling with turning to God instead of turning to food!! 

No comments: