Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Book Review: "Intentional Parenting" by Sissy Goff, David Thomas, Melissa Trevathan

I recently received a complimentary copy of the book "Intentional Parenting" by Sissy Goff, David Thomas, and Melissa Trevathan  by Thomas Nelson Publishing from Booksneeze as part of their book review program.  The opinions below are my own opinions of the book.

Sissy Goff, David Thomas, and Melissa Trevathan have many years of experience as counselors at Daystar Counseling in Nashville, Tennessee.  Bringing their expertise together, they have written a wonderful book that all parents need to read today.  Many parents today are just parenting on "autopilot" and trying to just get through each day with their children.  "Intentional Parenting" helps parents to discover things about themselves first so that they can then lead and help their children.  It is based around 12 chapters that are common myths in parenthood today.  Some of the chapters are how to be a patient parent, consistent parent, merciful parent, and hopeful parent.  I loved every chapter and needed to read each one.  I have heard Sissy Goff and David Thomas speak before so I was very excited to review this book.  It did not disappoint and I will be reading this book again and again and adding it to my library.

No comments: