I recently received a complimentary copy of the book "Organic Outreach for Families" by Kevin and Sherry Harney from Zondervan Publishing as part of the Booksneeze book review program. The thoughts and opinions below are my honest opinion of the book and I was under no obligation to give a positive review.
In this wonderful book by Kevin and Sherry Harney, they give many practical ways that you can turn your family and home into a lighthouse for your community. The book begins with talking about how to share Jesus with your own children within your own home. This is the only way our children will understand what it means to be a beacon of light for Jesus. It then discusses how to raise children in this dark world. I love how it gives different ways to make your home a safe haven, an emergency room, a playground, and a place of prayer. They then talk about how to make your home a lighthouse and how you can reach out to extended family and neighbors. I love how this book gives wonderful, practical ideas and activities to inspire Christians to reach out to the community and others. It also helps you to teach your children what it means to reach out to others just as Jesus did and He commands us to do as well. I highly recommend this book to families who wish to be a lighthouse in their community!!

1 comment:
Hi-
I saw that you reviewed Here’s Lily and thought you might be interested in reviewing our latest children's book, God Painted Us a Rainbow. Written by Katrina Streza and illustrated by Lisa Graves, this lovely little book helps kids thank God for the world he created by focusing on seasons and weather.
I'd love to send you a digital review copy. Please send me an email at info@xistpublishing.com if you are interested. Thanks!
Post a Comment