Friday, April 23, 2010

Book Review: Captivating, Revised Edition by John and Stasi Eldredge


I recently received the revised and expanded edition of Captivating from http://www.booksneeze.com/ for a book review. The opinions below are my honest opinion and I received the book as a complimentary copy from Thomas Nelson Publishing.
I have wanted to read this book since it came out several years ago, but never did get around to it. I was thrilled to receive this copy from Booksneeze to review and this is also the revised and expanded edition. Captivating is a wonderfully written book about us as women in today's society. It's about how our dreams as little girls and even as women have been destroyed or wounded and how the Lord wants to revive those dreams in our hearts and make us Captivating. It's about how God pursues our hearts as women and is very encouraging to any girl or woman seeking to find purpose in her everyday life.
I personally loved this book. As a stay at home mom, I often times get bogged down in day to day chores and taking care of the home and children that I forget about my dreams and my soul. Captivating made me realize I am worth far more than just cleaning house, making meals, and changing diapers. My God wants to pursue me and my life and heart to make me into a Captivating woman for Him. I would highly recommend this book to any of the women at my church, in my family, or in my playgroup. Wonderful book that I will read again and again.

No comments: