
I absolutely LOVE autumn and how the leaves begin to fall and make everything a wonderful world of orange, yellow, and red. My children also love autumn so I was so glad to receive a copy of this adorable book from Dorrance Publishing. Patches and Leif by Charles R. Abbott is a wonderful story about Patches, the farmer's favorite scarecrow and the wonderful job he does protecting the crop. One windy day Patches meets a new friend, Leif. Leif is a fall leaf that has fallen from his tree, but instead of falling to the ground, he floats around to different places. What I love most is Leif lands in the window of a school so the story actually tells the child the ABCs and how to count to 10. Also, Leif hears the children telling what different sounds the animals make. I love that this story teaches my children in a fun way and also that Patches and Leif are now best friends. You can buy this book from Dorrance Publishing here.
I receive this copy complimentary from Dorrance Publishing as part of their book review team. The opinions are mine and are honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment