Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Book Review: "Captured by Grace" by Dr. David Jeremiah


I recently read "Captured by Grace" by Dr. David Jeremiah as part of the Booksneeze book review team. I picked the book because I thought a book about God's grace would be a wonderful read and I was right. Dr. David Jeremiah digs into the lives of ex-slave trader turned preacher, John Newton and the apostle Paul. John Newton also penned the famous hymn "Amazing Grace." Each chapter is divided using a line from this famous and wonderful hymn. This book is a wonderful reminder to us all of how God's grace is the only way we are saved from our past and our sins. Dr. David Jeremiah writes in a way that makes you understand and truly see our need for God's grace and also how we should be so thankful for it. It will make you think differently when you hear that song again and you will sing it with a new song in your heart. I can't wait to pass this book along to someone else to read and enjoy.
I received this book as a free complimentary copy in return for my opinion and review. The opinions above are mine and are honest.

No comments: