Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Book Review: "In Every Heartbeat" by Kim Vogel Sawyer


I recently received a free copy of the book "In Every Heartbeat" by Kim Vogel Sawyer from Bethany House Publishers as part of their book review program.
This story is about three friends who know each other from growing up in the same orphanage together. Libby Conley, Pete Leidig, and Bennett Martin are given the opportunity to go to college together. The story takes place when the world was on the brink of World War I. As their lives begin to take different paths at college their friendships are put to the test. Libby hopes to become a journalist; however, through certain circumstances and her new found faith in God she end up deciding that being famous may not be as important as writing the truth. Pete feels called to be a minister and through Libby's discovery of his family's secret he must seek the Lord for what to do. Bennett planned to pledge in a fraternity and wants to be popular, but after seeing his friends' faith, he begins to question what is important to him as well. Through all of this, Pete and Libby realize their love for one another.
This story was enjoyable to read and kept my interest. I found it neat to read about their college experiences trying to picture what college life was like back then. Overall, a wonderful story about faith and friendship that I would recommend to everyone.

No comments: