"Resurrection in May" by Lisa Samson tells the story of May Seymour who lived a materialistic and complex life; however, after graduating from college all of that changes for her when she is rescued from the side of the road by Claudius, a sweet and simple old farmer. He welcomes her into her home and she soon leaves to go to Rwanda on a missions trip. Unfortunately for May, the genocide is occurring while she is there and she finds herself witnessing brutality she never could have imagined. She returns to Claudius' farm where she lives a very simple farm life. Later she reconnects with an old flame, Eli who is now on death row. She helps him and he helps her realize that they need to forget whats in the past and move on. The story is one of tragedy, forgiveness, hope, and faith. I had never read any of Lisa Samson's work, but I was truly captured by this story. There are some intense and emotional scenes during the genocide, but Lisa writes it as if you're there and experiencing the hurt that May did. I would recommend this book to anyone with a love for reading good Christian fiction.I received this book free as part of the Booksneeze book review team. All the opinions listed are mine and are honest.
No comments:
Post a Comment